. 1 heatproof glass or mug
. 1 teaspoon
. 1 tablespoon
. 1 empty glass jar with lid
. 2 to 3 ice cubes
Preparing thick Fresh Cream:
- To get that nice and thick fresh cream layer, pour the Fresh Cream into an empty, clean glass jar with lid (or a sports bottle).
- Add 2 to 3 ice cubes – make sure to close the lid or bottle spout properly.
- Shake it for 2 minutes.
- Remove ice cubes with a clean spoon.
Preparing Dairy-Free Whipped Cream:
. 400ml can coconut milk
(chilled at least 12 hours)
. 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
. ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
. Pinch of salt
- Spoon the white, solid layer off the top of the coconut milk can and place it in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat at medium speed until it forms stiff peaks (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add syrup, vanilla and pinch salt and gently stir it.
Preparing Irish Coffee:
. 70ml black coffee
(espresso + hot water
or filtered coffee)
. 35ml Irish whiskey
. 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
. 100ml Fresh cream
. 3 Coffee beans
- Pour the coffee, Irish whiskey and sugar into the mug or heatproof glass.
- Stir to combine - if adding granulated sugar, take care to stir until dissolved.
- Using the back of the teaspoon, pour gently the fresh cream over the top.
- Add coffee beans on the top as garnish.
Here at Quay14 Bar, we make our Irish Coffee the Dublin way, with Teeling Whiskey Small Batch. But you can use any of your Emerald Isle favourite to give an extra kick to your beverage.