- Cooking time - 20 minutes
- Makes 6 pancakes
Preparing the pancakes:
. 1 ½ cup Self-rising flour
. 1 teaspoon Baking powder
. 2 Eggs - room temperature
. 2 tablespoons Caster sugar
. 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
. 50ml Melted butter
. 1 cup Milk
. Cooking oil Spray
- In a medium size metal mixing bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder - mix it well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs gently and add the sugar, milk, vanilla extract & butter.
- Pour egg mix into flour and whisk it gently – make sure it is mixed well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan in medium heat - grease it with the oil spray.
- Pour pancake mix on the pan using a ladle – one at a time (about 3 tablespoons per pancake)
- Cook it until bubbles start to pop up: you can lift the edge with a palette knife to see if it's golden-brown as it should be.
- Then flip the pancake over with a palette knife to cook the other side – usually cooks faster.
- Cook it again until there is no moist left.
- When ready, simply slide it out of the pan onto a plate and restart the steps until you finish the batter.
To serve, you can choose your favourite toppings...
Be creative and build your own mix of flavours, such as:
- icing sugar sprinkles, fresh berries, maple syrup and fresh lemon drops
- sea salt, caramel & honeycomb
- dark chocolate, mousse, wild cherries, chocolate nemesis & chantilly
- caramelised shallots, chorizo & smoked ham